The Admiral’s Cup with its 12-sided bezel decorated with nautical pennants has been the Corum’s flagship timepiece since 1960. The latest model – Admiral’s Cup AC-One 45 Squelette offers a full immersion into the heart of this admirable watch.
Inside of new Admiral’s Cup watch titanium case beats an automatic Caliber CO 9000. This movement with its 28,800 vph and 42-hour power reserve appears in an entirely openworked architecture. Its attraction is heightened by the absence of a dial, while a transparent date disk bearing fully visible numerals lends a modern touch to the overall effect.
The Superluminova-enhanced hour- markers are extended to the point where they appear to be levitating around the rim of the date disk. On the border of the dial is a anthracite-coloured flange with the 12 nautical pennants of the Admiral’s Cup finished in graduated tones of grey. Above it all floats the Corum logo, made of metal alloy permanently bonded to the underside of the scratch-resistant sapphire glass. This play of contrasts and depth effects is accentuated by the galvanic-treated inner bezel ring with 12 facets, echoing the 12 nautical flags on the dial flange.
Stamped from a block of titanium, the case has black PVD coated inlays to create contrast against the grade 5 titanium alloy. This alloy, favoured in aerospace engineering for its lightness and strength, is used for the entire case, from the bezel to back, and even the screw-down crown.
A sapphire crystal porthole on the back reveals the reverse of the self-winding calibre CO 082, equipped with a ruthenium-coated oscillating weight decorated with an open-worked Corum key logo. The case also boasts impressive water resistance to 300 meters. The AC-One 45 Squelette is secured by a push-button, double-fold clasp in titanium, fitted to a black crocodile strap.
Corum Admiral’s Cup AC-One 45 Squelette
• CO 082 – Automatic
• 42 hours power-reserve
• Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date
• Frequency: 4 Hz, 28,800 vph
• Dimension: 11 ½’’’
• Grey-coloured rotor with CORUM dedicated decoration
• Skeletonized plate, bridges and rotor
• Dimension: 45 mm
• Material: Titanium grade 5
• Screwed in open back cover in titanium grade 5 with glare proof sapphire crystal
• Water-resistance: 300 meters
• Hourly nautical pennants transferred on the flange
• Minute-circle indexes transferred on the flange
• Corum logo transferred under the sapphire glass
• Applied rhodium-coated minute indexes with white Super-Luminova