Oris introduced the Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111 – a functional pilot’s watch that brings together the company’s landmark in-house developed Calibre 111 movement with its iconic Big Crown ProPilot family. It’s the first time the innovative Calibre 111 has featured elsewhere in the Oris collection and demonstrates the company’s continuing ambitions to revive its watchmaking heritage. Last year, the independent Swiss brand began rebuilding its industrial in-house movement programme with Calibre 110. The unveiling of Calibre 111 in 2015 signals the next chapter in Oris’s long watchmaking tradition, which began in 1904.
Like its precursor, Calibre 111 is a hand-wound movement with a 10-day power reserve and a patented non-linear power reserve indicator. Oris has added a date function in a window at 9 o’clock, creating a trio of complications not seen in a watch before.
The watch’s design takes its cues from the aviation-inspired Big Crown ProPilot collection. It has a multi-piece 44mm case made from satin-finished stainless steel, and a coin-edged bezel inspired by jet engine turbines. The non-linear power reserve indicator on the dial has been designed to look like an airplane fuel gauge. The watch also features a screw-in stainless steel crown and is water-resistant to 10 bar, or 100 metres.
Oris has equipped the Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111 with an anti-reflective coating on the inside of the sapphire crystal to minimise glare. In addition, the watch features Arabic numerals and hour and minute hands filled with highly legible Super-LumiNova®.
The Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111 has a smooth anthracite dial and applied numerals. It’s also the only timepiece in the Big Crown ProPilot collection to be fitted with a genuine Louisiana crocodile leather strap. The watch is also available with either a textile strap or a stainless steel bracelet.
Oris Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111
- Ref. No. 111 7711 4163, Ø 44.00mm
- Calibre 111, movement fully developed by Oris
- Hand-wound, 3hz, 21,600vph, single barrel
- 10-day power reserve, patented non-linear power reserve indication at 3 o’clock and small seconds and date at 9 o’clock
- Multi-piece satin-finished stainless steel case and screw-in stainless steel crown. Water resistant to 10 bar/100m
- Sapphire crystal top glass with anti-reflective coating inside
- Anthracite dial with applied Arabic numerals Super-LumiNova®, hour and minute hands with Super-LumiNova® inlay
- Dark brown Louisiana croco leather strap with stainless steel folding clasp. Alternatively available with textile strap or stainless steel bracelet
- Luxurious wooden box
- Swiss Retail Price CHF 5,200.00