Swiss watch manufacturer Oris added a second model to its retro Divers Sixty-Five – a two-tone grey and light “Deauville” blue dial option. Its dial design is inspired by 1960s colour palette, particularly the styles of upmarket French seaside resort of Deauville.
At Baselworld this year, Oris revived a diver’s watch it first introduced 50 years ago. The new piece brought the retro looks of the original right up to date with 21st century manufacturing techniques. The impact of the Divers Sixty-Five, as its known, has been extraordinary. Now, Oris is introducing a sister piece, the new Oris Divers Sixty-Five.
It perpetuates the aesthetic of the black-dialled Divers Sixty-Five, with the same case shape and size, and the same signature green Super-LumiNova® numerals. But now the watch is being offered with a two-tone dial in grey and light “Deauville” blue, a colour reminiscent of the sea.
The light “Deauville” blue colour is lifted straight from the 1960s, and particularly from the cars, clothing and interiors seen during the period in one of its most stylish resorts, Deauville on northern
France’s Normandy coast. As before, it’s powered by an automatic movement, and comes with a choice of a black rubber strap or a black textile strap.
Oris Divers Sixty-Five
Ref. No. 733 7707 4065, Ø 40.00mm
· Automatic movement Oris Cal. 733, based on Sellita SW200, with date at 6 o’clock
· Multi-piece stainless steel case and screw-in stainless steel crown. Water resistant to 10 bar/100m
· Diver’s unidirectional rotating bezel with black aluminium inlay with 60-minute timer and zero marker filled with Super-LumiNova®
· Bubble-curved sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating inside
· Two-tone grey/light “Deauville” blue curved dial with printed Super- LumiNova® numerals and indices. Hour, minute and second nickel hands filled with Super-LumiNova®
· Black rubber strap with stainless steel buckle. Also available with a black textile strap with stainless steel buckle
· Swiss Retail Price CHF 1,750.00