Oris has dived back in time and is delighted to present the Oris Divers Sixty-Five – a revival of an iconic diver’s watch that first appeared in the Oris collection 50 years ago.
Divers have long relied on accurate and robust wristwatches for keeping track of dive time and measuring decompression stops. Oris’s 1965 diver’s timepiece featured a chromium-plated brass case with a plexi-crystal, a bi-directional rotating bezel, and a versatile black plastic ‘tropic design’ strap. Most importantly, it was water-resistant to 10 bar/100m.
The new Oris Divers Sixty-Five shares the retro looks of the 1960s original, but it’s been modernised using 21st century watchmaking techniques. The case is now a more contemporary 40mm in diameter, and it’s made of anti-corrosive stainless steel. The vintage-inspired bubble-curved glass is made of scratch resistant sapphire crystal and comes with anti-reflective coating on the inside to reduce glare and increase legibility underwater.
One significant update is the new watch’s unidirectional rotating bezel, which has a black aluminium inlay with a 60-minute scale. The original’s tritium-filled hands and indices have also been updated, and are now filled with “Light Old Radium” Super-LumiNova® that contrasts with the black dial and maximizes legibility.
The watch is water-resistant to 10bar/100m and has a screw-in stainless steel crown. Inside is the automatic Oris Calibre 733, which powers hour, minute and central second hands and a date function at 6 o’clock. The steel case back is engraved with the same historical Oris emblem as the 1965 original, and the watch’s details are complemented by a black textile or rubber strap with a stainless steel buckle.
Oris Divers Sixty-Five
Ref. No. 733 7707 4064, Ø 40.00mm
· Automatic movement Oris Cal. 733, based on Sellita SW200, with date at 6 o’clock
· Multi-piece stainless steel case and screw-in stainless steel crown. Water resistant to 10 bar/100m
· Diver’s unidirectional revolving bezel with black aluminium inlay with 60-minute timer and zero marker filled with Super-LumiNova®
· Bubble-curved sapphire crystal domed on both sides and with anti-reflective coating inside
· Black, curved dial with printed Super-LumiNova® numerals and indices. Hour, minute and second nickel hands filled with Super-LumiNova®
· Black rubber strap with stainless steel buckle. Also available with a black textile NATO strap with stainless steel folding clasp
· Swiss Retail Price CHF 1,750.00