Oris has joined forces with the Australian Marine Conservation Society (AMCS) to help protect and preserve the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest reef system. Oris will make a donation to the charity’s vital work, funded by sales of the limited edition diver’s watch called the Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition II.
This is the second time Oris has partnered with the Australian charity, following a successful partnership in 2010. The luxury Swiss watch company is particularly proud to be working with AMCS in its 50th anniversary year. The independent charity was set up in 1965 with a vision to protect Australia’s diverse ocean wildlife. Its work focuses on threatened species, making the country’s fisheries sustainable, and keeping oceans free from pollution.
The Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition II is limited to 2,000 pieces and based on the Aquis, Oris’s popular diver’s watch. One of the new model’s standout features is its innovative day display, indicated via an inner chapter ring. When designing the watch, Oris took inspiration from the sea, but also focussed on functionality and legibility. So while the dark sea-blue dial and coral yellow detailing mirror the colour palette of the Great Barrier Reef, they also create contrast and therefore legibility, even in the murky conditions below the surface of the water.
The Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition II is available with a rubber strap with the Orisdeveloped safety anchor and quick adjustment sliding-sledge folding clasp, alternatively available with a metal bracelet.
The watch’s impeccable diving credentials continue in the 46mm stainless steel case, which is water-resistant to 50 bar/500 metres. The unidirectional rotating bezel’s inlay is made of black polished ceramic, a scratch-resistant, non-corrosive material that Oris first pioneered in its diver’s watches a number of years ago. It also features the Oris-developed safety anchor and quickadjust sliding-sledge folding clasp on the rubber strap. These devices were developed in partnership with professional divers and make Oris diver’s watches more secure and easier to slip on and off over a wetsuit.
The Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition II is a striking, highfunctioning diver’s watch that makes a significant contribution to the work of one of the world’s most respected and effective marine conservation charities. It will be available from February, 2016, priced CHF 2,100.00.
The stainless steel case back of the Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition II features Australia’s unique map.
· Automatic movement Oris Cal. 735, based on Sellita SW 220-1, with date window at 6 o’clock and day indicated via an inner chapter ring
· Multi-piece stainless steel case with stainless steel screw-in security crown and crown protection. Water resistant to 50 bar/500m
· Diver’s unidirectional revolving bezel with black polished ceramic inlay and white minute scale
· Screwed stainless steel case back with embossing of the Australian map and engraved limitation number
· Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside and yellow minute scale printed on inside
· Dark blue dial with applied indices filled with Super-LumiNova®. Nickel hour and minute hand, yellow second hand filled with Super-LumiNova®
· Black rubber strap with Oris-developed safety anchor and quick adjustment sliding-sledge folding clasp. Also available with a stainless steel bracelet
· Swiss Retail Price CHF 2,100.00
The Oris Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition II is presented in a precious box with an insignia of Australia’s map and the reef.